[caret-users] newbie question

Sasha Wolosin wolosin at kennedykrieger.org
Wed Jun 13 17:55:56 CDT 2007

Dear Caret users,

I am interested in using Caret to get sulcal depth values from FreeSurfer files.

Following instructions on page 13 of the "User's Guide to Analysis Procedures", I was able to import a FreeSurfer file ("lh.smoothwm.asc") as  .spec, .topo, and .coord files in Caret5.5, and also view the surface.

When I attempted to generate a sulcal depth file, a ".vtk" file was requested.  What is a .vtk file and how do I create one?

Also if anyone could please point me to more documentation on generating sulcal depth or .vtk files, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Sasha

Sasha Wolosin
Research Assistant
Developmental Cognitive Neurology
Kennedy Krieger Institute
707 N. Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21205
ph: (443) 923-9270
wolosin at kennedykrieger.org

Disclaimer:
The materials in this e-mail are private and may contain Protected Health Information. Please note that e-mail is not necessarily confidential or secure. Your use of e-mail constitutes your acknowledgment of these confidentiality and security limitations. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return e-mail.