[caret-users] Latitude/Longitude

Mateus Joffily joffily at isc.cnrs.fr
Thu Jun 14 03:45:45 CDT 2007

John,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
I followed it, but I am not confident that I got the correct result. To
be sure that there was not a problem with my lat/lon file, I decided to
test it with
CARET_TUTORIAL_SEPT06/PAL_B12.BOTH-HEMS.STANDARD-SCENES.73730.spec. I am
attaching the images that I captured from the created metric columns LAT
and LONG. The LONG column has only zeros and the LAT column has some
strange values. Instead, I would expect a grading of values along the
latitude-longitude isocontours. Is it correct? I am also attaching a
copy of the latlon file (PALS_B12.LR.73730.latlon) converted to metric.

Thanks,
Mateus