[caret-users]: triangulated surface

Donna Dierker donna at brainvis.wustl.edu
Fri Jun 22 07:58:19 CDT 2007

Hi Pedro,

I'm not familiar with "off" format.

You'll need to convert your surface into one of the following file
formats that caret_file_convert (or Caret's File: Import) can read:

            BYU  input surface is a BYU surface file
               This type is followed by the name of the BYU surface file.

            FSS  input surface is a FreeSurfer surface surface file.
               This type is followed by the name of the FreeSurfer surface
               file.

            FSP  input surface is a FreeSurfer surface patch file.
               This type is followed by the name of the FreeSurfer patch
               file and the name of a corresponding FreeSurfer surface file.

            STL  input surface is a BYU surface file
               This type is followed by the name of the STL surface file.

            VTKP  input surface is a VTK PolyData file.
               This type is followed by the name of the VTK PolyData file.

            VTKXP  input surface is an XML VTK PolyData file.
               This type is followed by the name of the XML VTK PolyData
file.

Often software packages will read and write VTK files, even if they
don't use this format natively.

Alternatively, you can convert your surface into Caret "coord" and
"topo" format:

Coord:
http://brainmap.wustl.edu/caret/caret5.51_help/file_formats/file_formats.html#coordFile
Topo:
http://brainmap.wustl.edu/caret/caret5.51_help/file_formats/file_formats.html#topoFile

Caret can read those formats directly using the File: Open Data File
options.

NIH has developed a standard named "GIFTI" which serves a purpose for
geometric data similar to the NIfTI standard did for 3D volumetric data
(i.e., standard interchange format).  I thought they were about ready to
release it.

Donna