[caret-users] cluster level size, ICBM53 brain template, mapping focus in a volume

Donna Dierker donna at brainvis.wustl.edu
Fri Nov 13 17:23:55 CST 2009

On 11/13/2009 04:09 PM, spoulin at mclean.harvard.edu wrote:
> Dear Caret users,
>
> I have 3 questions:
>
> 1-I am mapping stereotaxic foci from structural studies. These studies
> report peak but also cluster level size. Is there any way to code that
> information?

There is an extent field, but do you mean cluster threshold?  If so, I
am not aware of a field for that.
> 2-I am trying to map a study done using the ICBM53 average brain template.
> This is not in the options for mapping stereotaxic focus. Anyone has a
> suggestion about the one to select?

To my knowledge, there is no ICBM53 average PALS_B12 surface (nor an
older colin version).  I don't know enough about ICBM53 to recommend a
surrogate.
> 3-Is there any way to map a stereotaxic focus in a volume and not only on
> surface?

Yay!  Finally one where I can be helpful, I hope.  Once you save your
surface foci, then do File: Open Data File: Cell Files - Volume .cell.
I think you can type in your foci filename as is there.  (Because it
will filter on *.cell, you won't see your foci file.  But you can switch
to Foci Files long enough to select it, and then switch back to type
Cell Files - Volume.)  Same data, but now rendered on the volume
(assuming you have a volume loaded, of course).