[caret-users] Depth annotation volume file

Baylis Shanks bshanks3 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 4 20:19:38 CST 2010

Hello, I'm trying to produce a functional volume file where the intensity of each voxel in the brain represents the depth of that voxel from a given surface. The inputs would be a volume anatomy file and a corresponding surface file.

In case that is unclear, the desired function would need to iterate over each voxel in the brain (according to the volume anatomy file), and, for each of these, find the depth of that voxel from the surface, and record that depth in the output functional volume file.

Is there already a way to do this or to almost do this in Caret? If not, I am planning to extend caret_command in C++ to add this functionality.

thanks,
  bayle