[caret-users] ROIs: Amygdala, NAcc?

Donna Dierker donna at brainvis.wustl.edu
Wed Feb 10 16:00:56 CST 2010

As by now you have surmised, I haven't heard of anyone using Caret for
this.  You could draw the segmentations from scratch using Caret, but
I'm not sure anyone actually has done this.

I've heard people use MRIcro
(http://www.cabiatl.com/mricro/mricro/3droi.html) for such purposes, as
well as Analyze.

I think the PALS_B12 are all part of the OASIS dataset, which has been
put through Freesurfer, so in theory, one could extract the
corresponding parcellations and put them through the necessary
volumetrically computed transformations to get them to line up with the
PALS_B12 data.  But that task is not quite as trivial as I would need it
to be to actually do it.

I wonder whether the Harvard Oxford probabilistic atlas
(http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslview/atlas-descriptions.html#ho) might
be useful to you somehow.