[caret-users] Question about MyelinMapping

清水祐一郎 yuichirosmz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 06:56:44 CST 2012

Thank you for a quick reply.

I found and downloaded the files that you mentioned.
Using the files, I've tried mapping.
I added R.MyelinMapping.metric to the
Fig4_fsaverage_Conte-69.164k_fs_LR.spec, and in the Display Control, tried
to set the metric file.
But, I couldn't find the metric file and overlay the R.MyelinMapping.metric
onto the FIDUCIAL
fsaverage.L.midthickness_mni.mws_flip-x.164k_fs_LR.coord.gii.

On the other hand, I also tried mapping L.MyelinMapping.metric onto the
left fiducial coordinates.

I completely obeyed the process described in the website, CaretOperation,
using the downloaded data.
And then, I made a spec file below.
First, I added the topo and coord files.
There were topo.gii and coord.gii files so I renamed the files eraseing
.gii.
Then I changed the spec file's resolution. I set the number of nodes, 2562.
Finally, I overlayed L.MyelinMapping.metric

But, the myelin mapping pattern is different from the Figure 3 (Glasser et
al. 2011).
In Fig.3, the regions around the central sulcus and occipital lobe are
strongly mylinated.
But, the result that I obtained showed the pattern that the middle and
upper part of
the brain is myelinated.

Is there any wrong procedure?

Furthermore, I analyzed other images that were taken in our MRI scanner.

MRI scanner (3 Tesla GE Healthcare Signa HDxt)
 T1w images: SPGR TR 7400 ms, TE 3 ms, TI 600 ms, FA = 10, FOV = 256 x 256,
1 mm slice
 T2w images: CUBE(XETA) TR 2500 ms, TE 80 ms, FOV = 256 x 256, 1 mm slice

I obtained plausible thickness maps, but the intensity in myelin.metric are
all zero!
Although the scanning condition seems to be the same as the paper, the
results are apparently wrong.
I'm at a loss what is wrong.

I appreciate your kindful instruction.

Yuichiro Shimizu