[caret-users] Viewing foci on the surface

Donna Dierker donna.dierker at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 24 20:52:18 CST 2012

Hi Heather,

First, thank you for being so patient with me and Erin the other day.  We both felt really badly when we struck out at helping you.

I can't explain why it didn't work.  The foci names and classes were listed, but with Show Foci toggled on, we couldn't see the foci -- even when we turned the drawing mode to Hide Surface, changed the background, tried different colors, etc.  We tried different foci file formats.  Couldn't get the little things to display.

But just now, using your csv file, I successfully displayed them using Caret MacOSX 64-bit, v5.65, 1/27/2012 on my iMac.  I used the Sept 2006 tutorial dataset (RIGHT DEMO spec for right, LEFT STANDARD SCENES for left).

I projected the foci (hemisphere only, no offset), so see if you can view the attached fociproj files.

I don't understand why it didn't work on your Caret version/dataset.