[caret-users] metric user scale with fixed step size

Donna Dierker donna at brainvis.wustl.edu
Mon Nov 24 13:23:53 CST 2014

I think you should be able to write a palette like that:

http://brainvis.wustl.edu/CaretHelpAccount/caret5_help/file_formats/file_formats.html#paletteFile

The palette file format was originally intended to be compatible with AFNI, which may have palette editing capabilities of which I am unaware.  But if AFNI has updated their file format, it may no longer be readable by caret.  Most people edit the palette file via text editor or have a script generate it.  Make sure interpolation is toggled off on the Metric Settings menu.

Another possibility is converting your "metric" data to paint (scalar vs integer values).  Those formats are slightly different, but you could probably manage the conversion via text editor or script.  If you go the paint route, then you'll also need an areacolor file.  Attributes: Area Color can help you out there.