[caret-users] metric user scale with fixed step size

Donna Dierker donna at brainvis.wustl.edu
Wed Nov 26 08:40:24 CST 2014

Hi Caspar,

If you converted from Freesurfer, rather than mapping independently in Caret, then this is puzzling.

I believe mris_convert can now convert directly to GIFTI (.gii) format, and I suspect this route might be more reliable than converting .w to .metric.  Have you tried this?  Probably easy and worth a shot.

As for the palete, your range needs to be compressed into the -1.0 to 1.0 range, or in your case 0 to 1.